Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Tulsa smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your security system as it connects your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into a single unified system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in complete command of your Tulsa home’s security and automation. Learn more about what it can do and explore suggestions to get you started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in Tulsa?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements through radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your residence. You may disarm or arm your system, control lights, set the temperature, and more. If incorporating a doorbell camera, you may even talk to visitors at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub has cellular functionality and a backup battery for enhanced reliability. It also provides total remote access and control via the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s a sample of the duties you can carry out:
- Check current or saved video from any integrated surveillance cameras
- Arm or disarm your system
- Toggle lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Change your thermostat’s temperature
- Communicate directly to your monitoring center
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Tulsa by implementing schedules or initiating preferences. To illustrate, you could have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a particular time. Or, you can set preferences like having your doors unlock if the smoke detector goes off.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your security system
Before you delve into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll have to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s easy - just abide by these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will remain in the home and arms all sensors except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and everything in your home will arm.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
You’ll notice a notification if something is stopping the system from arming. For example, an open door will urge you to act. It’s worth noting that you may still arm your home’s security by using the instructions above. You will then have to verify that you would like to bypass the sensor that isn’t engaged.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Tulsa
Although many users can be programmed during the initial installation, you may want to add an additional user at some point. Here’s how it’s done.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Press “Name,” type in the new user, and hit the Next button.
- If you want to give the user remote access, select phone or email and provide the details to send an request.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for this new user.
- To delete a user, proceed to the menu, press users, choose the user you would like to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take control of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-operate touchscreen panel? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Tulsa home security system. Contact (918) 731-3376 to get started.